Saturday, April 07, 2007

Another Rune Alphabet Letter



Well I finally took some time to go back and create another Rune Letter -- as you can clearly see, the letter R or Raidho (pronounced "rye-though"). With all my obligated charity knitting and assembling of afghans, etc., it is nice to have a little creative outlet. I'll admit, I'm not particularly happy with the way this "R" turned out, but I think I will leave it for now and continue. If it continues to bother me I will go back and redo it.

I've also been very busy assembling a U.S. Afghan for my charity group. Women from all over the U.S. and Canada made state squares and mailed them in. When I finish this puppy it will go to Warm Up America. I'm actually enjoying putting it together, but I am only working on it a little bit everyday.



Finally, I just have to show you an adorable book that I have been wanting to get. But it is now no longer published and was going for $45 + online. One of the members of my charity group, lovely Leslie Pinney from California, apparently found the book and surprised me with it as a gift. Can you believe that. I'm still just speechless and touched. The book is called KNIT A SQUARE AND MAKE A TOY. It is patterns for all of these super cute stuffed animals, clowns, mermaid, etc., and they are all made from knitted squares. Very creative. I can't wait to get started on making one, or more. Leslie -- you rock girl!!!

5 comments:

Sugar Britches Knits! said...

WOW! That is a lot of squares lady! That is a huge and awesome project to undertake!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

I own this book! WOW! $45? I'm beginning to realize that I have quite a treasure trove in my bookcase!
Love the photo of all the squares.

randi K design said...

Wow, lots of squares to sew up....

Luciana DeVito said...

I just came to your blog to see if you got that. I had sent you an eBay alert about a month ago and thought I might delete it if you did. Glad you got it! Maybe I'LL get my own ;o) Please let us know when you make something out of it, I've never seen this book, so I would like to know what their patterns are.

randi K design said...

Hi how are you? Going tonight? I am not sure if I can make it , yet..