Monday, May 28, 2007

Francisca's Scarf

Yes, in less than a week we are headed off to Italy. To say I cannot wait is an understatement. While we are in Florence, we will be meeting with a stainglass artist who is working with my husband on a project. They have invited us over for dinner at their house. They, like me, also have two daughters who are near the same age as my own. Needless to say we are all looking forward to this evening. We wanted to take gifts for everyone and since I found out at such late notice that we are having dinner in their home, I knew I wouldn't have a great deal of time to make something for the wife, Francisca, so I made her this scarf.

I love this scarf. I've made it before, and then ended up giving it away as a gift. I really need to make another one for me because I loved wearing it. It is called the Trellis scarf from Interweave Knit's Scarf Style book. The scarf (trellis part) is crocheted. Very quick and very easy. Then you just knit 10 roses and arrange them anyway you like. Again, very fast project that looks really nice on I think. Here is my daughter "modeling" the scarf for me. Never will say no to being in front of a camera!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute scarf, cute girl...
Randi

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Love the scarf!
I have the book also and am still tweaking Teva Durham's Turtleneck Shrug, adapted to bulky weight Alapaca Grande, posted somewhere on my blog. Nice goodies from your exchange pal too! I sat out this round but won't the next time!

randi K design said...

Are you back, or have you just stopped Blog'in?

Kelley said...

I've been missing your updates! Hope all is well.

randi K design said...

Hope things are OK with you... Waiting for updates about your trip...