Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Traveling Hook

Have you ever heard of this? I didn't either. But then I was invited to join one. It is where a crochet hook, a pen and a notebook get mailed to you from someone else on the list. I received the package which also included an adorable washcloth as a present for me with the pattern. With the hook you are supposed to make something for charity, write about it, or anything you want to I guess, and then mail it off to the next person on the list. I made a pair of Baby Booties. Well, actually since the hook was bigger than what the pattern called for, they are really slippers for Toddlers, but I now have found an incredibly easy baby bootie pattern that I can whip up in about 1-1/2 hours. I wish I could tell you where I got the pattern. I can't, other than to say that I found it online for free. I think maybe I should start something like this with a pair of knitting needles as well.


Its also nice to be working on something new. I'm now working on knitting a baby hoodie sweater for a friend who is having their first baby. A baby boy. I think I'll make a pair of matching socks. I'm not one much for showing partial projects. I did that once and then never finished the project. Call me superstitious. Anyway, as soon as I finish the project I'll post it.

Oh, only a little more than a week until we go to Italy. Can't wait to shop for yarn there!!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Those are too cute!

And wow! Have fun in Italy! You must be so excited!

Sonya said...

What a wonderful project to be a part of!
Can't wait to see what you bring home from Italy.
Be safe!