Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Gift.....


I can finally post a picture of one of the Christmas gifts I made! I loved making this hat, I have to admit. I think I've really come to love doing Fair Isle. I like working with more than one yarn, but two seems to be what I am most comfortable with right now. I would love to try this hat again, but not with 100% wool. I ordered the yarn called for in the pattern at http://www.helloyarn.com, but it was very scratchy to work with and boy, 100% wool is definitely not needed here in Houston!

More Christmas made presents to come -- but I'm so excited to be able to share this one. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and Happy Kawanza.

4 comments:

Pennie said...

Awesome hat! the detail is outstanding. Enjoying reading your blog and I visit often . . . slightly new to the advanced knitting and when I look it inspires me :)

Happy New Year and knit 2007 into something wonderful.

Tootle said...

Where can I find that pattern? That hat is absolutely amazing!!! I've been trying to find a pattern for a hat with skulls, and this is PERFECT!!!!

Kayleen said...

Gosh thanks Nicolas. I'm sorry I couldn't e-mail you the pattern, but you didn't leave your e-mail address. Here is the link to the free pattern though.

http://www.helloyarn.com/freepatterns.htm

Tootle said...

Hello Kayleen, This is Tootle from TootleKnits.blogspot.com .. I am the one that left the message that somehow showed up as Nicolas (he's my fiance, we share an email, so somehow his name ended up on my comment to you.)

In fact, he's the one that I want to make the hat for. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I just started it a couple of days ago and didnt expect that anyone would read it so quickly. I am interested in joining your knitting group in Houston, but did not want to sign up for a Yahoo account.

My email address is TootNico@gmail.com, I am a new knitter and I have so many questions and am so crazy about knitting.... and i do mean CRAZY! I am dying to find a group to knit with. Could I possibly get on your mailing list?

Thanks again for your comment and the pattern

-Tootle