Monday, December 18, 2006

Quick Gifts

Need a quick gift? I found several -- and had an opportunity to try one out today. My daughters have many friends that they want to give gifts to during the holidays, but they are not very good about giving us notice. So when my youngest told me she needed a gift to give to a friend today, I just told her to pick out a couple of her friend's favorite colors and made this hat!

Cute, isn't it! Granted, it is crochet, which I haven't fully mastered, but this pattern was so easy I was even able to manage it. Here is where I found the pattern: http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/cpatt11.htm

Only one more week and I can begin showing pictures of all the Christmas gifts I have made. Actually, it is not that I have made that many, but I just can't show my favorites! I have been spending quite a bit of time knitting and crocheting for various charities. My two charity knitting/crocheting groups have also been very busy, and it has been satisfying being able to drop off bags of hand knit/crocheted items at various charities or in the mail. As the end of the year draws near, I will proudly list all of the charities and items that our little charity groups have donated -- for only being together for about 3 months, I think it is rather impressive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the hat! It looks so much better on a real person than that head in the pattern ;)