Saturday, December 30, 2006

More Christmas Gifts


I can finally post photos of my husband's Christmas gifts. I could have on Christmas day, but with my show opening tonight to a preview audience, it has been really, really busy. Needless to say, my husband, John, LOVED the scarf. Made almost entirely out of cotton, he was so happy as he cannot abide wool. It looks great with his black leather jacket. And being an architect, the modular scarf seems to suit his personality as well -- loves that geometric look.

I also made John a pair of fingerless gloves from Knitty.com's Fetching pattern.

As you can see I altered the pattern a bit so that there is no cable at the knuckles (looks more manley that way) and I continued knitting to extend the length of the gloves over his knuckles. He also just loved these. Men are just so hard to knit for.

Now for something totally unrelated to knitting, my two beautiful daughters. First, here is a picture of my oldest daughter, Alex on her 15th birthday, the day after Christmas. I know, I know, but she came early!


Then my second daughter, Natalie, who is now 12. Natalie normally will never let me take a picture of her, and we were only allowed to take this photo because she was working on her Science Fair Project and had to have photos to document the process. Lucky for me!


I'm almost certain that this will be my last post for the year 2006, so please have a wonderful and safe New Year's, and my family and I wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2007.

No comments: