Wednesday, December 13, 2006

First Annual JRA Christmas Swap

About a year ago I started going to my husband's office (architecture) once a week to teach a group of women how to knit. At one point the group because quite large with even a couple of outside people joining us. Depending on various deadlines, the group would range from 3 people to over 10. We could never get any of the guys to come in and learn -- talk about peer pressure. Anyway, I had to stop going to the office for a few months due to rehearsing and performing in children's theater. Oh, JRA stands for Jackson & Ryan Architects, Inc.

The group has shrunk since I have come back -- busy time of year I guess. But, we vowed last year that we would attempt to do a secret gift exchange. I guess we drew names in mid to late October, so we really did not give ourselves enough time -- but we ended up with a rule of a $10 budget. Although some did go over the budget, most were very good about becoming creative with their project.

As you can see, although we were a small group that actually did the exchange, we had so much fun and the gifts were all so varied. I think there will be many more brave souls joining us for the gift exchange next year. I love my little bag with the attached cell phone holder that was designed by Rashmee. I'll have to double check that I'm spelling her name correctly.

I made a pair of Fetching fingerless gloves, a crocheted rose pin and an ice cream cozy for my secret person. I can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

Holly Burnham said...

What a wonderful work environment! Good for you for starting this.