Friday, March 09, 2007

Just an update...

I belong to a group called http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maryknittingandcrochetcorner/, where I have joined a year long dishcloth exchange group. I'll admit, its not that I love dishcloths so much, but I do love sending goodies and receiving them, as well as the chance and challenge of designing them. Every month I send out a dishcloth to someone with some little goodies. In May, I should receive 11 packages as that is the month I chose. We'll see if I actually get 11, but I guess that is not the point.

Checking on my delivery confirmation I know that my partner for March has received her package so I will go ahead and post what I made and sent her. Now, I did not design her dishcloth. I simply ran out of time. But why create something that already exists!!


I haven't heard from her yet, but I hope she likes it. I'm sure everyone who has come by and checked my blog the last couple of weeks has been pretty bored with all the afghan squares. To be honest, I'm pretty bored with them myself. I'm anxious to get back to other items. I'm also working on making a baby sweater, but once again I can't post any pics until the recepient receives the gift.

I'm looking forward to finishing the two pairs of socks I have started, maybe starting a sweater for me. I don't know, something. My charity group is really wonderful in that everyone has dove into this, but I think we all are anxious to slow down and even out our commitments. I think healthy knitting should be a good mix of knitting for charity and yourself/family, etc. I just hope next month when we focus on an elderly home that everyone is not so burned out that they drop off.

I am starting to get excited about our upcoming trip to Italy and have been collecting names and locations of yarn shops throughout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.