Thursday, March 29, 2007

Mitts from Penney

In a knit exchange group I belong to we exchanged either gloves, mittens or fingerless mitts. I think pretty much all of us made fingerless mitts. I just received mine today from Penney in Canada. The wool is gorgeous and very, very soft. I'm just not sure about the little gold coins attached though. I mean I give Penney an A+ for creativity, but I''m just not sure that I would wear them with the coins as I couldn't drive with them being in the way, and since I'm not much of a jewelry person, I think I would feel a bit conspicuous(sp?). Anyway, I do really love them. I hope Penney's feelings would not be hurt if I decide to snip off the coins. Exchanges are so hard because you make something for someone you know nothing about. But I do really love them. I just have to wait until it gets cold again.

3 comments:

Nope said...

I wear my fingerless mitts inside air conditioned buildings during warm weather because my fingers get cold with all that a/c!

BeatrixB said...

Just take a belly-dance class and you feel right at home with the coins, jingle jingle....

:D

BB

btw may I add your blog to my link list?

Anonymous said...

Penney did a magnifico job! How about a close up photo of that adorable card she sent you...looks like chicks knitting! :)))