Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My first Afghan!

I did it. I finally did it. I made my first afghan and I crocheted it! The afghan actually went pretty quickly. It was sitting down to do the border that took 3-4 months. Altogether I'd say the afghan took about 4-5 months.


I belong to Annie's Scrap Crochet Club and that is where I got the pattern. And boy, let me tell you, it really did use a lot of my scrap yarn! I didn't realize that the blanket was going to be so big.


I am planning on donating it to charity although my youngest daughter is begging that I let her have it. I'm flattered because she never wants anything that I make. I think I might let her use it for awhile and then I'll wash it and give it away. Now I want to start a second scrap blanket, just not such a big one.

10 comments:

annette2u said...

Way to go Kayleen. Beautiful! A great way to use up the scraps.
Yes give it to your daughter they are only young once and they grow up far to fast.
Annette

Anonymous said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can't say I blame your daughter one bit, I would be trying to take it too lol

Jami

Jeremy said...

It is beautiful and what a great way to use your scraps. I love the pattern.

Prof. Knitwit said...

Wow! It's totally gorgeous. Congrats on your first afghan!!!

Rachel said...

Wow, Kayleen!! You did a super job!! It's beautiful...nothing "scrap" about that afghan!! You are so generous to give it away!!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I think you should give it to your daughter. It will have such special meaning for her...for you both! Since you have a giving heart, I'm sure you'll make other donations to charity in the future. :)

Kelley said...

It's wonderful! Great job.

BeatrixB said...

It is sooooo gorgeous! Great job!

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Love

BB

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

SIMPLY SPECTACULAR!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Make your next one for charity....and let your daughter have this...someday it will be a family heirloom!