Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mystery Skein Exchange

Today was exciting for many reasons. I must say the most exciting reason for today is that my youngest daughter, Natalie, turned 13. There is nothing like seeing your babies grow-up in front of you. From sweet babies, to adorable toddlers, gangly pre-teens, and then beautiful teenagers. I'm very lucky.


As if that wasn't exciting enough, I also had another wonderful surprise today. Today I received my mystery skein exchange from my Aussie partner, Joy, in Australia. She made me the most beautiful scarves that are all twisty. I love twisty scarves. What is so fun about these is that you can wear them separately, or together. Beautiful autumn colors that I can't wait to wear. She also made a beautifully knit and crocheted little drawstring purse that will be perfect to wear on my belt loop. Very feminine, with a matching cellphone bag. She clearly had been very busy. In addition to these knitted treats, she included lots and lots of Australian chocolate. You can bet I am going to squirrel that chocolate away to savor when my family is NOT around. She also included a hilarious bumper sticker that is definitely going on my car that reads, WARNING - This Driver Spins, Weaves and Dyes"! Did I mention that Joy is the president of her weaving group? Finally, she sent me a yarn magazine that is published there in Australia. I thought that was a very clever gift and wish I had thought to send her one of my favorite magazines from here in the states. Rather than just tell you about it, you'd probably like to see what she sent?


Last but not least, true to my goal, I have knitted at least one afghan square a day. I can't show them all to you because some are for future KALs and some I have already handed off to be sewn into an afghan. I did take a picture of Illinois though.


I'm getting pretty tired of knitting afghan squares. Pretty bad since we are only 8 days into March. I think I'm going to try and crochet some to break up the monotony.

No comments: