Saturday, March 17, 2007

Spring Break

Spring Break was wonderful this year. This is the first time my family and I actually got away and we had a great time renting a beach house on Galveston Island. Both the girls brought friends and it was just a lazy week. I say lazy, but boy did I finish a bunch of projects. So, while this post is small, there are many pictures of things I FINALLY finished -- my UFOs have become FOs!

First, my self-striping pink socks out of Lana Grossa Meilenweit Fantasy. Basic sock pattern, but boy was it fun seeing the pattern change. I finished the first sock a long time ago, but could never get past the heel on the second.


Next, a cupcake for my cupcake-crazed daughter. I guess it is all the rage right now. Anyway, it was easy as pie once I sat down to do it. Just doing it was the thing. This pattern is in the book ONE SKEIN by Leigh Radford.


Next, a hat that I started near Thanksgiving when I was doing a musical called INTO THE WOODS for a friend. The problem was that I didn't know how to do entrelac and I thought I could figure it out. Well, I couldn't, until I took the class. Then it went really fast and was kind of fun. My husband, unshaven from the holiday, was kind enough to model the hat for me.


Next, I'm sure you've seen those cute little sheep patterns from Patternworks? I think there are 4 of them. Anyway, I bought this one a long time ago. Silly, I know, but it was just so darn cute. Again, something I started right away, but never finished. Didn't take any time on my break.


And finally, last, but certainly not least, I finished my first sock design. I showed a pic weeks ago when I completed the first sock but could never get around to completing the second in order to check the pattern. Now I have. What do you think?


Now I just need to write up my pattern. I'll offer it free once I write it up.

5 comments:

randi K design said...

I think it all looks great!!! You sure have been busy, - and had fun We just walk in thhe door ourself, just home now tonight... Jeff think I'm nuts thats already at the computer... Oh well..

Kelley said...

Wow! You've been a busy girl! Everything looks fabulous. I especially like the socks you designed. Can't wait to see the pattern. I'm learning to knit socks, and it's lotsa fun!

Kelley

Prof. Knitwit said...

What a productive week! Everything looks so great! I love the socks - what's so great about them is that the pattern doesn't fight with the colorway. I can't wait for the pattern!

Anonymous said...

That little lamb is just too cute! I like the beach in the background too... ;-)

I love your socks! Great design! :-)

And that entrelace hat is awesome! Is it stretchy as hat should be though?

Now, pass that yummy cupcake over here! LOL ;-P

BeatrixB said...

wow! You rock!

I also want to do Entrelac, but don't have the guts! I should just sit down and try, maybe... Did you go to a real class class or something online?

BB