Thursday, January 25, 2007

AMH Hat Exchange

I just completed my first exchange that was something other than dishcloths. Don't get me wrong -- exchanging dishcloths have been fun -- but this was much more challenging. Exchanging knitted or crocheted hats. I just received mine today and I love it so much I'm posting a picture of it here, WITH ME WEARING IT! Oh, AMH stands for a yahoo group I belong to called "At My House".



Okay just look at the hat, not the model (excuse all the make-up but I'm on my way out the door to do a show tonight). But it is so cute I couldn't resist -- even though I hate photos of myself -- this hat deserves to be seen. My partner was KyleAnn in Grove City, OH, and boy do I hope to get her as a partner again in the future. I wanted to make sure that KyleAnn had a nice hat so I've reposted a picture of the hat I made and sent to her.



I don't have nearly as much knitting experience as KyleAnn, but it sure was fun to challenge myself to make something nice for her.

Right now I'm working hard on my mystery skein exchange for my partner in Australia. Joy sent me a beautiful skein of hand spun, hand-dyed yarn to make something for her and then mail it back. I did the same for her. I just love getting surprises in the mail.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Cute hats indeed. :-) I like the dishcloth too... the heart within is sparkling. Came on your blog through the message you left in the Whenever group :-)

Knitcrazy said...

Very Nice Hats.. I love the one that you made..

Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/