Monday, January 29, 2007

Preparing for Valentine's Day

I'm in two dishcloth exchanges coming up in February and I wanted to do something extra special. So I designed my own Valentine dishcloth. Granted, it is not nearly as pretty on the backside as it is on the frontside, but isn't it the thought that counts? I just love working with color. I actually would like to try this pattern again in a solid color and just with texture stitches. I'll give it a try when I have a chance. I need to be back to my mystery skein knitting for my partner in Australia, and my socks that I'm designing for my "design my own sock" class.



A free copy of this pattern is over in the right if you would like it.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Very pretty!!!! Thanks for sharing your pattern. I hope I'll get the chance to knit it up for a certain special someone before the 14th comes and goes...

g-girl said...

someone posted a link to your fabulous valentine cloth @ the mdc group and I just had to leave you a comment. It is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

Teenuh said...

I keep meaning to leave you a comment. This dishcloth is beautiful, Kayleen. I will have to knit one up!!

Unknown said...

So cute! I am thinking of making this cloth. If I start now, it should be done by valentine's Day 2008.
Greetings from Wayne County, NY
Antje is Die Wollhexe

BeatrixB said...

This is very cute. You could try doing the positive/negative pattern I did on my hotpads. Then the back side is as pretty as the front!

Love your blog

CQ