Friday, January 19, 2007

Show Me the Knitting

Well, so far I have very little to show for it, but I have been knitting non-stop. And I do mean non-stop. I have been working on many charity projects for my FROM THE HEART OF TEXAS group. Also, I've been busy designing afghan square patterns also for my FROM THE HEART OF TEXAS group to be KALs.

And it has been a long time, but I finally have found two knitting classes to sign up that I am enjoying immensely! One is an entrelac class and as I'm not a big fan of showing partly finished projects -- I'll wait to show it when it is done. I haven't decided whether I will felt it yet or not, but I am very pleased with how it is looking.

Another class I am taking is a design your own sock class. I LOVE this class in that it is freeing me up from patterns. Actually, up till now, I've only ever made basic pairs of socks. For the class we are learning to swatch a pattern from any pattern we see that we like and how to modify it. I am also going to take this opportuntity to learn to knit a pair of socks from the toe up.

In addition to these classes, I am also involved in a couple of exchange groups. One is an international exchange where you knit something from your stash and send it to your partner. My partner is in Germany. Based on the questionnaire that I received from her that she completed, I gathered that she would REALLY love a pair of knit socks. I'm working on the heel flap of the second sock, but here is the first. I think it came out pretty cute!



Now, I did not design this sock. It came from the book called SENSATIONAL KNITTED SOCKS by Charlene Schurch. Written very well for sudo-beginner sock knitters. Oh gosh, I hope my partner doesn't come and read my blog.

I'm also in another exchange called a Mystery Skein exchange. In fact, I think if you scroll down you can see the yarn that I sent to my partner in Australia to knit something up for me and mail it back. I just received her yarn yesterday that she hand-spun and hand-dyed. I need to come up with something to knit with it and send it back. It's going to be hard to send this yarn back as it is soooooo beautiful!



Any suggestions can be sent to me (kgclements@earthlink.net) as to what I can make with it and would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

babette said...

Wow, love that yarn AND the color!!
How 'bout a shawl or lacey scarf??? That's what I would want!