Saturday, February 17, 2007

Piggy Mittens



I'm really in the animal mode now. I had so much fun with the frog mittens that I had to try these piggy mittens. Now that I've made this pattern a couple of times, I think I'm going to try and design my own skunk mittens. If I take a pattern that is already created and I change a few elements, at what point is it then my pattern to distribute as I please? I am trying to contact the owner of the frog/piggy mitten design to ask permission to distribute the pattern amongst my charity knitter members, but haven't had much luck in reaching her yet. I certainly don't want to run into any copyright problems. But as my group is focusing on an underprivileged elementary school right now, these adorable little mittens would be perfect.

As much as I would like to attempt making another pair of animal mittens right now, I must start my afghan square design for the next month's KAL. Then, back to my socks....

1 comment:

AJ said...

I just stumbled across your blog from the Knitting Chicks group and had to tell you how cute those mittens are! What a great idea to revamp and make new critters, I'm sure the kids will love them.

I thought you might want to check this out to, (about copyrighting a pattern): http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/FEATcopyright.html

Hope that helps in case you don't get a hold of the designer! :)