Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Way too many projects....

I have officially overextended myself. This is actually a good thing. I mean it. I am knitting almost non-stop right now on a couple of different projects, almost entirely for charity. I am still working on a mitt exchange and a dishcloth exchange, but I should have those done tomorrow I should think. Oh, and my partner in Australia received my package for our Mystery Skein Exchange. She just refuses to open the package until she completes my project and mails it to me. Meanwhile I'm going crazy wondering if she will like it or not. Since I don't know when she is going to open it, I've decided that it has been there a week already so she has had plenty of time. I'm posting the photos of what I have made for her.



Isn't it beautiful. Well, it's beautiful because of the yarn that Joy spun and dyed herself. She told me that the colors reminded her of an Australian desert. I wish I had a bit more yarn to make the shrug just a little big longer, but I think it came out well despite that fact.

Now I can't show the picture of the mitts I am working on yet or the dishcloth as my partners need to receive them prior to my showing them. However, I can show what else I've been working on. In my charity group, this month's focus is on a Title 1 Elementary School. I made two pairs of mittens shown previously, and a hat and scarf. That's it. Not nearly as much as I would have liked, but it has been a busy month for me too what with directing an all-school musical at my daughters' school.


I've also been working on state squares and an alphabet square for some afghans we are putting together for Warm Up America, Project Linus, and Afghans for Afghans.



Finally, a member in my group has had the sad news that a young man in her community was killed in the line of action in Iraq, and the whole community is mourning his loss. She is putting together a couple of prayer shawls for the mother and grandmother (I believe), so I made a Liberty Bell cloth to send. I hope to have time to send another one.


Okay, back to my afghan squares, mitts and dishcloth!

1 comment:

Mildred (Millie) Arnold said...

Kayleen where did you get the liberty bell pattern. Wow that is a unic square. It is a shame that some one dies from war. It is a ugly thing war is. I pray for that family to have the healing they need. But it only will come in time. I have not been able to do any of the prodjects. Not out of not wanting to. But out of not being able to afford sending it. All I can do is pray that every one gets the sqaures and they are in good shape. I love helping others and every one in our group dose a good job at that also. May every one that is in our group reap the rewards of giving. thank you for sharing all the fine squares. They are beautiful. Thank you Kayleen.