Tuesday, February 20, 2007

World Wide Swap


It's here, it's here! I received a wonderful surprise from my world wide swap partner, Dana, in Aschaffenburg, Germany. She made me socks. No one has ever made socks for me before, and they fit perfectly. I can't wait to wear them tomorrow, they are so cute on. She also sent the remaining yarn in case I have any repairs. I thought that was such a clever thing to do. Then she sent me a lovely picture book that was partly in English of her city. What a beautiful city to live in. An absolute jewel! You can see part of a picture of it on the book. You can bet that someday when I travel to Germany, I will definitely be going to Aschaffenburg! Finally, she sent me three adorable little sheep. Unfortunately, two of them were crushed, but one survived! Yeah!. He is just so cute and the beginning of my new sheep collection. Of course, my two teenage daughters wanted to steal him. He is made out of some type of pottery, terra cotta like material and covered with adorable sheep skin. I love it. Swapping knitted items is just so much fun. I love receiving goodies in the mail.

No comments: