Sunday, November 19, 2006

Alex's Freshman Sweater


Boy have I been busy this past week. I just opened a musical called INTO THE WOODS, and with late night rehearsals and then performances every evening and two matinees, blogging has been moved to the back burner. I actually have been working hard on a dishcloth with the Monthly Dishcloth KAL (photo to come later), another beret for another actress in my show (again, photo to come later), working on a cap for charity, a Harry Potter scarf, and trying to figure out an entrelac hat. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. I did want to post a pic of the sweater I made for my daughter though. They wear uniforms at her school -- very strict dress code. However, the Freshman class was allowed to select a "class color" and was told they could wear a sweater/cardigan of that color on Fridays. They chose lavender, and this was in late August. There were no lavender sweaters/cardigans to be found in August, so darn it all, I had to knit one for her. I let her pick out the pattern, and lo and behold, she picked an old pattern of a sweater pattern from the 70's. In fact, my mother made me a sweater from the same pattern when I was in highschool. Anyway, as I have not done many sweaters, I was rather proud that it came out pretty cute (of course, I think anything on Alex is cute). More importantly, she went with me to pick out the buttons and she loves it. I think that she really likes that she did receive many compliments on it and she was proud that she could say that her mother made it for her. Even some of her teachers seemed to be impressed. I also made her a pair of fingerless gloves to match with the leftover yarn. Okay, I'm through with my bragging for the moment.

I thought you would like to see a quick cast shot from the show though, I'm the older woman on the left, playing Jack's Mother. What you can't see is that under that mop cap is a wig piece with enough ringlets to make Shirley Temple proud -- a fun and silly look for the second act!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

My how pretty you are!!! And so young looking. Sorry you don't look old enough to play his mom.