Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas UFOs

This year we are hosting my husband's office Christmas party in our home. I love to have parties. I love planning for them, decorating for them, cooking for them (although we are getting a caterer for this one), and everything to do with hosting parties. The only time I don't like it is when I'm busy, kind of like right now. Well, it really isn't as bad as all that, but I'm finishing up performances for INTO THE WOODS through Sunday, and then Monday I go right into rehearsals for another musical, URINETOWN. Also, I'm trying to organize my craft room and especially my stash before company comes over. No easy feat. I'm going to be reading all the e-mails I've seen go around lately on how to organize your stash. Finally, I'm desperately trying to finish the felted Poinsettia Wreath by Pick Up Sticks. There are basically seven flowers to the wreath, and each flower has four layers of petals. I'm almost halfway done with knitting the petals. I'm not even going to get into what it will take for felting and then assembling.


Scary, isn't it. Actually, when it is done I think it will be gorgeous. This is what I hope it will look like!

You can order this pattern from Pick Up Sticks at http://www.pickupsticksonline.com/products/flowers/pw.php.

Finally, here is Justin in his hat. I think he liked it. It is a Knitty.com pattern which can be found at http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTtopi.html.


Okay, back to knitting poinsettias.

1 comment:

Deby said...

This hat looks great! Your blog is amazing. You have a lot of talent not just knitting. Thanks for sharing.