Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hat Making Fool...


I have been a hat making fool! Literally. I've made so many hats that I've actually created my own pattern -- called the Easy Peasy Cap, versions 1 and 2. You will find those patterns over to the right. I'm still performing in INTO THE WOODS and these are the hats that the actors and stage crew have asked for. It is a great way to use up my stash yarn! After creating these hats and handing them out this evening, the rest of the cast basically came up and asked if I would make them a hat. As our show ends this Sunday, not likely. I did tell them that if they wanted a hat, I would be happy to make them one -- they just wouldn't get it until after Christmas!

Here are pictures of the cast in their hats, or some are of my daughter modeling the hat.





Finally, another one of my hats for Michael who is playing my son Jack in the show. He is soon going to be a new and first time uncle. As I adore Michael, I wanted to make sure that he would be the favorite uncle by making a matching cap for his nephew-to-be.


On the needles, or OTN (my daughters hate when I talk in knit), a Harry Potter scarf for another cast member which I don't think will be finished prior to Sunday's performance, a bunch of petals for a poinsetta wreath that I am going to felt, a pair of fetching fingerless gloves for my MIL for Christmas and a pair for my DH as well, a self-striping sock and too many charity projects to mention.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Kayleen,
I, too, am an actress, although not musical theater. I mostly do drama or comedy and when I am not acting, I am the director of St. Mary's High School Theater. We have a production going up tonight: "All I ever really need to know I learned in Kindergarten". I am getting ready to start rehearsals for "Six Degrees of Separation" with the theatrical company I belong to. I am also a fanatical knitter as you! Unfortunately, the last couple of shows I have been in, I have been on stage the whole time...so I can't knit back stage. Darn! Love the blog....come check mine out when you get the chance. Our names our very similar!

Kayleen said...

Hi tenizmom, I clicked on your name to see if I could get an e-mail to reply, but it just took me to a group site so sorry, I couldn't reply to you directly. You can find links for all the patterns I use or the names of patterns I purchased by clicking and looking at the pictures to the right in my sidebar. Hope this helps. The gray cap is actually a free pattern from www.Knitty.com, called Cadet I think.