Saturday, November 04, 2006

Knitted Girly Knee-High Socks

I love reading everybody's blogs, but I've been very timid in trying to create my own. So bear with me as this may be rough ride!

I am excited to show my first pair of knee high socks for my 12 year old. My children never want me to make them anything. Isn't that the way it always is? I also sew -- used to costume professionally but have put that aside as I prefer performing on stage and knitting. But, when I sewed I always offered to make my daughters their Halloween costumes. Did they want that? Noooooooo, they wanted store-bought! So, when my daughter asked me to make her a pair of pink and green knee high socks, I jumped at the chance.

I knitted them top down on dpn's, but I want to eventually try, circulars, magic loop, toe-up, etc. I bought some self-striping yarn to try the toe-up option next. In the next couple of days I'll post some of my other recently completed projects. I've been working mostly on smallish projects as I have had a need of completion. I also have a number of Christmas gifts I need to get busy on.

As I am involved in a couple of dishcloth exchanges, I have also focused on those. So much fun.

5 comments:

LDSVenus said...

Kayleen - very good looking socks. My kids didnt like me to make them anything when they were young, it wasnt cool to have hand made stuff, it all had to be store bought. They like it now tho :}.

LDSVenus
my website: http://www.ldsvenus-knits.com/Knit-Wit

Knitcrazy said...

Great Socks Kayleen

Your doing good with your Blog...

Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

I love the socks!! I was there with the blogging in April, not knowing what I was really doing. Still don't most of the time, but we all catch on sooner or later, usually folks are real helpful as well.

Lily said...

Very cute!

Suzann said...

The socks look perfect. Great fit, which isn't so easy with knee socks. My first pair were on dpns, but I switched to 2 circs and never looked back.
My daughter loves handknit socks. But if you wear a size 12 shoe, it is either hand knit socks of mens socks :-)
I found your blog through Socknitters in case you are wondering where the strange person came from :-)