Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hats galore


I'm in the midst of rehearsals right now for the musical INTO THE WOODS. When I'm not on stage, and when I need to unwind (rehearsals can be a bit stressful at times), I knit. It is amazing how the simple act of knitting will draw people towards you. First, they watch in silence. Some will say "I have always wanted to learn to knit" which I then happily reply that I will be happy to teach them. Some will ask me if I am knitting or crocheting. Then others, will bluntly ask me to make them something. I don't mean bluntly as in rude, but I have to admire the guts to just come on out and ask. Usually it is just one person. But once the first one asks, and then proudly shows off his/her knitted item, they come in droves. The hat pictured is a result of that. The actress pictured is named Karen (very talented actress), and when she saw that I had knitted something for someone else, she promptly found a pattern of an R2D2 hat (she is very big into sci-fi). Of course I thought, when else would I ever get the chance to knit something like this -- so I happily complied. It is also a great hat to use up scrap yarn, as well as working intarsia. Unfortunately, I don't know where she found the pattern, but I'll bet if you Google R2D2 Beanie Hat, you'll find it.

No comments: